6 Jan 2014

Sustainable NYE Style

Happy 2014! I hope you all had joyful Christmas and have been packing away decorations for next year - no need to keep buying new every year (duh). And of course there is all the fun and frolics of bringing in the new year....in sustainable style of course!

I was a bit stuck for an outfit, so decided to tailor one of my GreenSeam samples for myself, the cut out shouldered Lucille. I was less than prepared for the 'Getting Wiggy With It' theme, so made do with a spare pair of bunny ears...which happened to work perfectly! I made this sample dress (now mine, mwahaha) from an old fancy dress outfit that someone was throwing away; a poorly constructed vampire cape, but unpicked and ironed it was a decent piece of material. You can find eco-friendly and sustainable fabrics everywhere if you look hard enough!


A great time was had by all, rolled into bed at 7am, and pub lunched it for most of new years day. I hope some of you may make some sustainable resolutions for the coming year, and just get in touch if you need any encouragement or advice!


No comments:

Post a Comment